Thursday, May 7, 2009

remembering pa'


My life changed forever!!!

My father died that day, and I lost the greatest man I've ever known. He was the best dad any daughter ever had. My mother, brother and I will never be quite the same.

For the past few years my father had suffered from kidney and heart problems. We all knew that time was precious, and I made a conscious effort to build as many memories as I could. I talked to him whenever I could. He was one of my very best friends, and we were always sharing stories and swapping tales. He was funny and smart, and knew how to fix anything. He was the backbone of our family, and we relied upon his wisdom and advice.

Watching him slowly deteriorate, was heartbreaking for me and our family, because no matter how hard we wished for it, he wasn't going to get better.

My last birthday together....he was soooo happy!!!Being a great composer....he composed and sang a song for me.That was indeed the most beautiful day of my life!

Few bays later, on way to hospital, I remember praying to God, "Please let us have him with us for just a little longer," over and over in my head. But I knew he was never coming home.

When he left us, a part of me died with him. I will never be the same again.

It has taken me so many years to come to terms with his death. I think of him, and miss him every day of my life. However, what they say really is true. The passing of time does help ease the pain of loss. But there are those days when I miss seeing his face, and hearing his voice, and I would give anything in this world to be able to talk to him just one more time.

When I feel especially sad, I tell myself that I am truly blessed to have had such a loving and gentle father. He was my special hero, and I can never thank him enough for all of the things he taught me, and for all of the wonderful memories he has given me to treasure.

Throughout my life, I will honor him by being the best person I can be. He would want me to go on with my life, to be happy. And this is what I will do, as I know he is watching over me.

He is the angel on my shoulder, and I thank God every day for giving me the best dad in the world.

I'll always love you, "Pa".

Rest in peace!!!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May God Bless Pa's soul rest in peace !!

    My Dear "Doughter of Pa" ,
    Your love and thankfullness to Pa has stirred my soul and made me halt for few monutes to realize that how catastrophic loss you had in you life !!
    No one can surely bridge that loss.
    With passing time , pain eases out and memories may fade out but surely not vanishes completely.....
    Wheel of Life keeps on rolling and you are forced to move , to keep pace with it :)
    This is LIFE !!

    One thing which catched my notice is that
    You are evolving every passing day.
    I am glad to read the below lines of yours which has deep rooted meaning. I read it many a times and obsereved a raised & evolved RUPALI KAPILA , in all terms of life.

    *******************************************
    " Throughout my life, I will honor him by being the best person I can be. He would want me to go on with my life, to be happy. And this is what I will do, as I know he is watching over me. "
    **********************************************

    Now , I am assured and Happy to see
    "Rupali Kapila - The Champ"

    The very first emotion , i had , after reading it was to .......... !! (check my mail)

    Two Things i wish to share with u as it is the right time .
    (1) You should start an initiative ( however small it may be ) to serve humanity and finally to serve God (serving humanity is serving god -- by swami vivekanand) so as to make u much more stronger in all respects , to give a great happiness to Pa's Soul.
    (2) Always remember the lines of the poem....

    *************************************
    Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening
    *************************************
    Whose woods these are I think I know.
    His house is in the village though;
    He will not see me stopping here
    To watch his woods fill up with snow.
    My little horse must think it queer
    To stop without a farmhouse near
    Between the woods and frozen lake
    The darkest evening of the year.
    He gives his harness bells a shake
    To ask if there is some mistake.
    The only other sound's the sweep
    Of easy wind and downy flake.
    The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.


    Affection :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To a person who is as sincere and transparent as you, life will be nice and success will come. And I wish that I could be a part of that great moment, when success touches your feet and everyone, including your fathers soul , is proud to have had you as a part of their lives..and somewhere in that crowd of people who know you very well , i wish that even i m standing and smiling..love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God has given u such great father and family. But some people are lucky enough that they r remembered even after death. He putted the light in u it looks u can't kill even a small creature. I salute purity of ur heart.

    ReplyDelete